September 15, 2020
We are pleased to announce that Family Faith Formation at St. Margaret of Scotland will begin
In Person sessions on Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020. This decision has been made after much thought, prayer and conversation. We will be following all Archdiocese of Detroit (AOD) Coronavirus Policy guidelines and CDC recommendations.
This letter as well as a Registration Form for the 2020-2021 Faith Formation year, and a “Medical Treatment Release Form” have been mailed to all of last year's registered families. Archdiocese of Detroit guidelines mandate that “Medical Treatment Release Form” must be completed every year for each child registering for Faith Formation sessions. Both the Registration Form and the Medical Treatment Release Form are also available on the St. Margaret website, www.stmargaret-scsmi.org.
Please review and complete the registration and medical form and return them with your payment. The Family Faith Formation Office will be open on Wednesday, from 10:00 to 3:00 if you wish to drop off your forms and payment. Please call the office, 586-293-3280, when you arrive and someone will greet you at the door. You may also send the forms with your payment via mail. In these unusual times, it is vitally important that both forms be completed in their entirety. This will assist us in the event of an emergency or if contact is necessary either by phone or email. We request that forms be returned as soon as possible in order that planning and processing may take place in a timely fashion. Even if your payment may be delayed, please register your child in order that processing can begin!
Any family who has not previously attended St. Margaret Faith Formation is requested to provide a copy of your child's Baptismal Certificate (if they were not baptized at St. Margaret of Scotland).
If there are financial concerns, special payment arrangements or special circumstances that you wish to discuss, please feel free to email Mrs. Sledz, [email protected]. All information will be confidential. No one will be denied due to financial circumstances!.
It is understandable that everyone may not be comfortable or ready to return to In Person Faith Formation sessions. If you would like to discuss a “home school” Faith Formation opportunity or other options, please leave a message via phone, 586/293-3280, or email, [email protected]
We are excited to continue this journey with your family! Thank you for your patience and your continued prayers. On the following separate page are the IMPORTANT changes that we are making to our Faith Formation procedures. We suggest that you post these in a prominent place in your home for review as needed.
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Mrs. Sledz, [email protected].
Rev. Ronald J. DeHondt Mrs. Amelia F. Sledz
In order to comply with the guidelines and keep everyone safe while at St. Margaret, there will be some changes to procedures:
- Temperatures should be checked before children arrive. Children should not be brought to Faith Formation if they are not feeling well. Anyone with a temperature or symptoms of Covid 19 will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Arrival time will for Early Elementary thru 5th Grade will be 4:00 PM. If you arrive before 4:00, please park in a parking space and wait until Catechists arrive outside to facilitate line up for the children.
- Children will assemble and line up at the Main Bell Tower Entrance of the Church. Catechists will assist with line up, safety and social distancing. Parents, grandparents, guardians will not be allowed in the building due to Coronvirus restrictions.
- Dismissal for Elementary sessions will take place at the Main Bell Tower Entrance at 5:30 PM. Again, parents, grandparents, guardians are not allowed in the building. Catechists and/or staff will escort children outside to be met by those picking them up in the parking lot.
- Arrival time for Jr. High, 6th, 7th, 8th Grade will be 6:50 PM. Children will enter through the Main Bell Tower Entrance of the Church. Staff and Catechists will assist with line up, safety and social distancing. Dismissal will happen from these same doors at 8:30.
- Please insure that your child is wearing a mask when you drop them off at St. Margaret. All children will be required to wear masks while entering & exiting the building, as well as when moving about in common areas such as hallways and restrooms. High children will be required to wear masks while in the classroom per AOD Policy.
- Snack time will not be observed in the building. Please provide your child/ren with a small snack before they arrive. This allows us to maintain social distance and safety!
- We will be limiting restroom visits. Children should use restroom facilities prior to coming to Faith Formation. Restroom visit will be allowed on a limited basis as necessitated by need.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we embark on a new year! As we see the need for up-dates or adjustments, you will be notified. Please insure that we have a current and correct cell phone number in order that messages may be delivered via “REMIND”.